(Note: This webpage is still being developed. Thank you for your patience)
Successful Applicants will be required to abide by the Back to the Bible Mission Code of Conduct. The Conduct Agreement may be viewed below. Please thoroughly read the Conduct Agreement below, and then complete the on-line acceptance form and submit to BBM.
Student Conduct Agreement
Please read the document carefully before signing:
1. Undertake to familiarise myself with all rules, policies and procedures of Back to the Bible Institute (herein after BBM) which may include, but will not be limited to, rules regarding off-campus travelling or any safety rules, as well as any specific instructions and/or arrangements given BBM. I furthermore agree to obey all the said rules, regulations and/or instructions.
2. Undertake, that for the duration of study I commit myself to comply with all rules, policies and procedures laid down by the BBM Board of Directors and the BBM Executive Council.
3. Declare that the agreement arising from the signing of this application shall, notwithstanding the place of signature, be deemed to have been concluded in Barberton;
4. Accept responsibility for the prompt payment of all fees due to BBM. Boarding and lodging will be paid monthly in advance.
5. Grant permission to BBM to disclose the details of my academic record and/or my conduct at BBM to any sponsor or funder of my programme of study at BBM, to enable such sponsor to determine the continuation of such sponsorship or funding.
6. Acknowledge that my registration and participation in the training programme is voluntary, which participation may without derogating from the generality of the preceding, include, but is not limited to, research, practical evaluations, exposure to travelling on and off campus, participating in tours and travelling during the course of tours (the “related activities”). I furthermore acknowledge that I am aware that there are known and unknown risks and dangers inherent in my participation in the training programme and the related activities, including without limitation, exposure to hazardous substances, air pollution, fire, explosions, micro-organisms, diseases and infection, and even snakes and scorpions as the campus is located in a rural area of the Lowveld of Mpumalanga. All reasonable precautions will be taken by BBI to minimize risks.
7. Waive any and all rights, claims, demands and causes of action which I may have against BBM, its employees, contractors and agents arising from my participation in any voluntary activity or action, which is not a prerequisite for my studies and and/or for the obtaining of the qualification for which I am registered at BBM. Including without limitation, any claim for damages to my property or property in my possession or under my control, and/or damages resulting from my personal injury or death. In the case of any doubt, I accept responsibility to obtain confirmation from the relevant lecturer as to whether or not any activity or action constitutes a prerequisite for my studies and/or for the obtaining of the qualification for which I am registered at BBM. Should I fail to obtain the relevant confirmation from the lecturer and it should subsequently transpire that such participation in the relevant activity or action did not constitute a prerequisite for my studies and/or the obtaining of the qualification for which I am registered at BBI, it will be deemed that my participation in such activity or action was voluntary, notwithstanding the fact that I was under the impression that such activity or action was a prerequisite for my studies and/or the obtaining of the qualification for which I am registered at BBM.
8.That I accordingly indemnify BBM, its employees, contractors and agents against any and all liability, loss, damages and legal costs which BBM, its employees, contractors and agents may incur or sustain as a result of any claims, demands or causes of action which any person (including without limitation, if applicable, my spouse, children or dependants) may have or purport to have to the extent that the same have arisen from or have occurred during or are in any way related to my participation in any voluntary activity or action which is not a prerequisite for my studies and/or the obtaining of the qualification for which I am registered at BBM.
9. Grant permission that BBM can enquire about and verify my qualifications already obtained.